Website Santa Barbara County SELPA
Under the direction of the Wraparound Facilitator, the Bilingual Youth Support Specialist will provide direct mental health support services of students with IEP’s. The Youth Support Specialist will provide direct counseling around social-emotional challenges which impact their access to education. Mental health support will be provided in school-setting, home, and community, as appropriate. This position will work collaboratively with student’s family, IEP team and fellow Wrap team members to support students’ educational access throughout Santa Barbara County’s 25 School Districts.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Direct one-on-one social-emotional support to students based of students IEP goals
· Provide ongoing documentation on interventions, minutes-served, patters in behavior or any crisis incidents/concerns.
· Participate in going training, supervision, program meetings and other educationally related mental health tasks
· Maintains regular communication with Wraparound Team (Facilitator, Supervisor and Coordinator) on day-to-day progress of student, as needed
· BA in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or related field; preferred school psychologist, MFT Associate, etc. working towards a master’s degree.
· Fluency in Spanish
· Valid CA state driver’s license and working, reliable vehicle.
· Optional Bronze Medical Plan employee coverage offered (~$6,500 value) for full time (40 hours weekly).
· Stipend and/or reimbursements for mileage.
· Full-time (40 hours/week) position
· Start ASAP
· Pay Rate: $16-22/hour depending on experience.
Please submit resume, three current letters of recommendation, and references (to include most recent employer).
Santa Barbara County SELPA
Attn: Lindsay MacDonald
5385 Hollister Avenue, Bldg. 7
Mail: 5385 Hollister Ave., Box 107
Santa Barbara, CA 93111
Office – (805) 683-1424 / Fax – (805) 967-1960
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org