We are looking for a highly skilled therapist to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in various aspects of our mental health and addiction program including group therapy, family therapy and individual therapy.
This position is for the Terra Loma- Substance Abuse location in the city of Rancho Cordova, CA.
Looking for AMFT and/or LMFT with Experience in the Substance Abuse/Mental Health field preferred.
Psychodynamic and/or Family system modality experience required. Must be able to manage case load of 10 to 12.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with trauma, addiction, eating disorder or mental health disorders
- Is skilled in EMDR, somatic work, brain-spotting and other therapeutic modalities, or is willing to seek training
- Has experience with insurance care coordination and utilization reviews
- Has experience with clinical intake processes
- Is creative, responsive, and passionate about their treatment approach with patients
- Interested in bringing creative ideas, passion, and expertise to further enrich and develop our dynamic program
- Has background and experience with psychodynamic, family systems, DBT, CBT, attachment-focused, and humanistic approaches
- Can cultivate a compassionate and empathic healing space for our clients
- Has ability to recognize countertransference issues and can actively seek supervision and peer support
- MFT Trainee, Associate or Licensed. (Required)
- Recent Health Screen/Physical (Required)
- TB Clearance (Required)
- _Current CPR/First Aid Certification (Required)_
- Proof of COVID19 Vaccination (Required)
- Valid Driver License
- Live Scan (applicable for Mental Health property)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Executive Clinical Director and/or Regional Director
- Conduct individual, group, and family therapy sessions for Residential clients
- Participate in case management and care coordination, including utilization reviews and treatment team meetings
- Maintain appropriate and timely contact with referring professionals
- Detailed and timely documentation, including: biopsychosocial assessment, weekly goal setting and treatment planning, session progress notes, discharge reporting/recommendations
- Participate in collaborative therapeutic, work environment
- Starting Salary Based on Experience – Exempt, Full-Time, Monday- Friday
- Comprehensive medical benefits for Full-Time
Akua Behavioral Health is a nationally recognized Mental Health, and Substance Abuse treatment program for adults. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Akua meets the highest quality standards for behavioral health and client care.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,240.00 – $63,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- Behavioral health: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location