Acknowledge Alliance has been promoting resilience and social and emotional health in schools
since 1994. Our Resilience Consultation Program takes a two-pronged approach to mental health in schools. We place experienced mental health clinicians in schools to build the social and emotional capacity of teachers and administrators and train Counseling Interns to directly support students through on-site individual and group therapy. The Clinical Supervisor coordinates counseling referrals and meets weekly with the Intern to help guide/support/collaborate around students receiving counseling. The Intern receives excellent training in a strengths-based approach to individual and group therapy, systemic work in a school setting, and working with both teachers/school staff and families as part of the therapeutic process. Post-Master’s Interns must be registered as Interns with the BBS prior to beginning the internship and working towards their clinical hours.
– Facilitate individual and group therapy with clients
– Collaborate with parents and guardians as part of the therapy process
– Assist in crisis intervention and response
– Work collaboratively and professionally with school staff, administrators, and teachers
– Attend bi-monthly faculty meetings with school staff
– Complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner
– Work as part of a team to provide the best possible treatment to clients
– Attend weekly individual supervision
– Attend weekly Program meetings
– Act on behalf of Acknowledge Alliance in a professional manner
– Post-Grad MFTI, PCCI, or ASW Associates
– Previous clinical experience working with children and adolescents desired
– Previous group experience and facilitation desired
– Interest in working within a school setting and with children
– Able to commit to one full school year (August-June)
– Experience providing telehealth
Schedule: This position follows the general school year schedule and is for the 2021-2022 school year, beginning
Mid-August 2021 through early/mid-June 2022. School day schedule is 8:30am-3:00pm (~35 hours/week).
– Excellent Individual Supervision provided by LMFT and Art Therapist
– Up to 20 hours/week of direct clinical work towards licensure
– Art Therapy supervision is available
– Individual, family, and group counseling experience
– Training in strengths-based, relational, resilience-focused, and systemic work in schools
– Exposure to and experience with facilitating Social-Emotional Learning lessons with agency developed curriculum
– This clinical placement has the potential for continuous employment. Continuous employment positions working a sufficient number of hours are eligible to participate in the employee benefits program: medical, dental, 403b, and paid holidays
– Starting pay range based on experience, ability, education, and training $20-25/hr
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Chris Chiochios, Clinical Supervisor, through the Craigslist portal.
To apply for this job please visit sfbay.craigslist.org.