Primary Therapist – Eating Disorder, OutpatientMay 28, 2021
Mental Health Clinician I/IIMay 28, 2021
Vista Del Mar Child & Family Services
Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services is seeking an enthusiastic and committed clinician to work in our Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program (STRTP) and carry a caseload of 8 adolescent girls and/or boys. The ideal candidate is experienced, dedicated, compassionate and excited about working in a residential setting with teens with severe mental health and substance abuse related issues. We are looking for applicants who are flexible and able to adjust to the evolving nature of residential treatment. Our treatment approach is trauma informed, relationship based, Dialectical Behavior Therapy oriented, and culturally sensitive. This is a position working with teens, ages 12-18 with significant mental health disorders (temporary to permanent).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Formulates and implements an overall treatment plan for each youth and family, in conjunction with the youth’s Child Family Team.
- Meets regularly with the Direct Care Staff at unit staff meetings regarding the coordination and implementation of treatment plans and specific problem situations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of a DBT, trauma-informed and relationship-based, culturally/LGBTQ sensitive approach in engaging with youth and their treatment team, and effectively uses this approach in their work in the unit.
- Participates in unit life including dinners (2 times per week minimum), events, etc.
- Facilitates daily community groups and group psychotherapy.
- Conducts regular therapy sessions (individual, conjoint, family and/or group) with each youth, parent(s) and significant people, as indicated by the treatment plan.
- Coordinates visiting plans for each youth with the treatment team, ensuring that the necessary staff is notified.
- Assists with coordination of psychiatric hospitalization in conjunction with Program Director and other staff.
- Completes all mandated DCFS and DMH paperwork per State requirements.
- Maintains ongoing weekly contact with residents’ outside placement workers, guardians, relationship mentors, etc.
- Licensed eligible MSW/MFT required (licensed preferred).
- At least 1 year of experience working in a residential treatment setting with adolescents preferred.
- Well organized.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Computer Proficient.
- Familiar with DCFS and DMH documentation is a plus.
Work Schedule: Sunday – Thursday 12:00-8:30pm Rotating every other Sunday.