Website SoCal Empowered
SoCal Empowered is a Crisis Residential Mental Health Program serving adults, located in Orange County, CA. Our focus is to treat adults with mental illness and assist them and their family with crisis stabilization. Here, you will have a unique opportunity to work with a caring, multidisciplinary team of professionals who provide exemplary treatment for those suffering from mental health disorders.
Our main goal is to create a Family-like work environment built on team success, communication, respect, trust and support.
SoCal Empowered is seeking a Primary Therapist responsible for providing Therapeutic Services to residential clients. Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Primary Therapist provides outreach, consultation, and education which support community mental health needs. Provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention to individuals with mild, moderate, or chronic psychiatric disorders. Collaborates with treating physician, psychiatric and allied health professional team to plan and direct each individual client’s treatment program.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides weekly Therapy to all clients. This includes individual, group, and family therapy and crisis intervention to those experiencing life crises.
2. Conducts assessments, providing diagnosis and treatment plans.
3. Coordination: Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate treatment programs, and consults with medical, nursing and psychiatric staff regarding diagnosis, strengths and deficits.
4. Clinicians also chart client’s treatments and progress in accordance with state regulations and department procedures. The therapist instructs and counsels clients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, including adherence to prescribed medication regimens within the scope of practice.
5. Record Keeping: Prepares reports, intakes, treatment plans, and case summaries.
6. Family Support: Interprets psychiatric treatment to client’s family and help to reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of psychiatric care and continuation of treatment. Clinician also refers client’s family to community support services and resources, and utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of clients.
7. Engages in informal and formal training sessions.
8. Consults with and serves as a liaison with community agencies and other mental health programs and services to evaluate community health and social services topics and issues.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate/Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Associate/Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Associate/Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor. Supervision is provided to Associates per BBS standards.
2. A Criminal Background Clearance
3. A Health Screening with TB test results
4. Minimum of two years’ experience in the use of psychosocial assessment and psychotherapeutic methods and measures in a hospital, clinic or agency.
5. Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
6. Excelled interpersonal and communication skills required as well as knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, professional board standards as is related to client treatment, patient rights, and client/patient confidentiality.
7. Minimum 1 year experience working in residential treatment.
8. Knowledge of Title 9 and Title 22 regulations.
9. Attention to detail and excellent documentation required.
1. CPR and First Aid
2. Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Psychology, Counseling, or Psychology from an accredited college or university.
3. Licensed and/or registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Pay: $30 – $34 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org