Family and Child Social Worker – 12401April 25, 2022
Outpatient TherapistApril 26, 2022
Amrita Eating Disorder Treatment
Looking for Part-time Psychotherapist for Amrita Eating Disorder Intensive Outpatient Program
Therapists who are bi-lingual in Spanish, encouraged to apply.
Part-time Intern Position: estimated 10-15 hours/week
Amrita Eating Disorder Treatment, an eating disorder IOP program located in San Rafael, is looking for a part time position, for 10-15 hours/week.
The eating disorder therapist is responsible for providing mental health treatment to clients in an intensive outpatient program. As part of a multidisciplinary team, the therapist will perform both direct and administrative services, including individual, family and group psychotherapy, meal groups, assessments, case management, utilization reviews, intake and discharge coordination, consultations and crisis interventions within the scope of the respective individual’s license.
- Conducts psycho-education and therapy groups with eating disorder clients, integrating evidence-based treatment modalities. Develops curriculum and activities for each group with measurable goals and objectives.
- Conducts individual 50-minute weekly sessions and family therapy sessions as needed with assigned clients.
- Participates in updating and summarizing treatment plans at weekly clinical staff meetings. Responsible to act as communication liaison in all phases of patient’s treatment.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough clinical records and documentation.
- Supervises meals during meal group. Includes assisting clients in meal set up with proportions and clean up after meals. Assist in maintaining a sanitary and clean environment in the kitchen.
- Case management including assessments, intake procedures, utilization reviews, and discharge planning.
- Participates in training sessions as well as on-going in-service trainings.
- Licensed Master’s level therapist in psychology, counseling, social work or related field. AMFT also considered depending upon experience.
- Experience working with eating disorders is helpful. Experience working with dual diagnosis in addictions, trauma and dissociative disorders is helpful, including EMDR and 12 step theory.
- Knowledge of eating disorder etiology and treatment.
- Knowledge of EMDR, DBT, ACT helpful, or Art Therapy.
- Ability to be compassionate with client’s experiences, be willing to learn from clients and colleagues, and collaborate closely with staff and community.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to Carol Normandi at firstname.lastname@example.org