Field Based Therapist/Service Coordinator II ACSW/AMFT – DMH Housing FSPJanuary 28, 2021
Primary TherapistJanuary 28, 2021
Therapist/MFT-A or Certified Counselor
Established Detox/Residential treatment program seeking licensed or MFT-A or experienced/certified counselor full-time employment. Candidate should have strong reading/writing skills and ability to relate with diverse substance abuse population. Right candidate shall be able to conduct group facilitation, individual sessions, family sessions, and clinical assessments handling a caseload of 3 to 6 clients.
Other job responsibilities shall include:
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide individual, and group counseling services in coordination with other team members.
- Participate in client pre-enrollment screenings and intake/assessments as scheduled.
- Conduct client psycho-social assessments and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Participate in scheduled in staff team meetings, presenting relevant information on all new admissions, treatment plan changes, and discharges.
- Maintain close contact with each client’s reference if written consent is given, providing monthly written reports if required.
- Complete necessary and on-going paperwork and chart reviews in a timely fashion.
- Keep accurate records of all assigned client contacts.
- Counselor is responsible for follow-up on participants after completion of program.
- Counselor will be a liaison between participants and program director.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the limitations of a substance abuse counselor.
- Registered/Licensed with BBS or certified with CCAPP/CADTP
- Experience in individual and group counseling.
- Computer proficient, KIPU experience a plus, or computer savvy
- Knowledge of self-help groups (i.e. Aa, na, ca, etc.).
- Knowledge of developing treatment/recovery plans and charting participant files.
- Must be able to pass drug test