Non Profit Agency is seeking several Therapists (Associate MFT, LPCC, ASWs) for two different programs located in Woodland Hills:
Office location: Woodland Hills.
Services provided throughout SA2
Telehealth, Field work, and office work. Telehealth is not guaranteed for all positions.
Regular Working Hours: Specific Schedule arranged with Supervisor; Monday-Friday or other schedule including Saturday depending on program and needs- will be arranged with supervisor. 24/7 on-call responsibility for FSP.
The Mental Heath Therapist is responsible for providing community based mental health and adjunct services for children, adults and families with intensive service needs.
1. The target focal population for FSP -consist of adults with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders, who have history of and/or are at high risk for homelessness, incarceration and/or institutionalization. Staff work primarily in the field with clients in FSP and often engage clients through case management and rehabilitation, as well as therapy.
2. Outpatient serves children, youth, adults and families with SED or SMI, as well as those with low to moderate risk behaviors. Outpatient services includes Prevention and Early Intervention.
1. Conduct intake sessions and complete all required intake and assessment paperwork
2. Conduct outreach and engagement services (for FSP this may be extensive)
3. Conduct individual, conjoint, and/or family sessions. Maintain caseload.
4. Conduct group sessions
5. Collaborate with collateral contacts including family, school personnel, referral sources, residential team, as needed
6.Manage client charts utilizing electronic medical records system and complete all documentation of work with clients, including Department of Mental Health paperwork to include AIA, Treatment/Care Plan, Progress Notes, etc. Must be timely, accurate and comply with DMH standards, as well as agency standard and procedures
7. Case management activities could include telephone calls, advocacy work for clients as well as other community outreach activities
8. Actively participate in the treatment planning of clients utilizing treatment team meetings, supervision and available resources to help determine the best treatment modality for each respective client
9. Outreach to the community for recruitment of new clients and education/promotion of mental health services
10 Participate in agency meetings, as well as assigned external meetings
11. Attend and participate in mandatory training and in-services as required.
Performs other related tasks and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by program and assigned by supervisor.
Must possess a Master’s degree in social work, psychology or other equiv. license or intern.
Must have active registration with the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners (BBSE)- Associate MFT, LPCC. Must be in good standing with the Board of Examiners at time of hire. Must maintain good standing and valid registration/licensure with the State of Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) during the full course of employment.
EBP certifications desirable, but nor required.
Must be comfortable providing client centered services. For FSP must be comfortable providing MH services in a non traditional outpatient setting, often in client homes, and other locations. FSP clients may enroll in program from hospitals and homeless requiring additional services.
Two years’ experience in a mental health field preferred, but not required..
Computer literacy a must. Experience with electronic records desirable
For FSP- High preference will be given to applicants with FSP or FSP like, intensive services experience and crisis management
Experience with DMH policies and/or procedures. Some knowledge of DMH services, documentation, and billing process helpful. Must be willing to meet or exceed productivity standards
Ability to manage time, deadlines, and be flexible in duties
Must pass criminal background check, reference check, physical, TB test
For FSP- Knowledge of mainstream benefits programs, case management principles and intervention techniques appropriate for hard-to-reach, difficult to serve populations are essential. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of harm reduction principles
Experience with culturally diverse mental health with co-existing substance abuse diagnosis populations.
Ability to prioritize work and complete it with minimal supervision.
Able to work interdependently, constructively and effectively with others in a community-based treatment setting
Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Willing to work a flexible schedule and able to do field work.
Must have and maintain valid California driver’s license and the availability of a car with adequate insurance coverage
Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
COVID-19 safety precautions are in place including physical distancing, PPE provided by the agency. Must be COVID-19 Vaccinated or meet exemption requirement, for the safety of all staff and clients we serve. Some remote work is allowable.
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.