LA FAMILIA COUNSELING CENTER, INC.
POSITION: Mental Health Clinician
SUMMARY: The Mental Health Clinician provides counseling services for children and adolescents. The Mental Health Clinician performs client and/or community focused resource coordination activities to ensure clients and/or community members receive comprehensive care. The Mental Health Clinician must be flexible and able to work in a combination of office, community and school sites, and via tele-health.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate will be skilled in the areas of clinical care, diagnosis and treatment planning, time management, organization, and the ability to learn quickly. Must be flexible and able to join with the family in deciding treatment planning and goals for services, using a family driven approach.
- Familiar with cognitive behavioral, humanistic, family systems, and narrative approaches which are among the theoretical approaches most often utilized at La Familia, but many other theories that incorporate individual and family driven services as well
- Candidate will have experience in a cultural setting, preferably Spanish speaking, and able to work full time
- Work collaboratively with LFCC team such as the clinician, psychiatrist, family advocate, youth advocate, program manager and clinical supervisor in order to provide quality services
- Work collaboratively with outside agencies, educational representatives, county social workers, and other community leaders to assist the family on a multi-disciplinary level
- Participate in Intensive Care Coordination includes linking members to services provided by other child/youth serving systems, facilitating and or participating in child /youth family team, ensuring active participation of client and involved individuals, clarifying roles with therapist, monitoring activities to ensure that identified services are progressing appropriately, changing and redirecting actions targeted at the client’s and family’s needs, and coordinating mental health care with the team. Facilitates Child and Family Team meetings.
- Sessions take place in the home, school, or other place of service that the family member requests
- Attend weekly staff meetings, weekly clinical supervision, internal utilization reviews. Assist in peer reviews and present case studies periodically
- Master of Science degree, MFT/LCSW intern or licensed
- Registered with BBS, depending on qualifications/education/licensure.
- Excellent time management skills, self-driven, and organized
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred
- Can perform duties with cultural care, including 68% productivity
- Must have background and knowledge of trauma and the effect it has on child development
- Must possess training and group facilitation skills, knowledge of related community resources, and the ability to collaborate with other community organizations and agencies.
- Knowledge of parenting, infant and child development, adolescent growth and development, and ability to communicate effectively with families
- Current, valid California Driver’s License and driving record and current proof of personal vehicle insurance
- Cultural awareness regarding race, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and other social identities, with an existing ability to communicate and collaborate with people across lines of difference with respect and dignity.
- Must provide linguistically and culturally sensitive care to promote the reduction of cultural barriers to all the community without bias.
- Temporarily to comply with COVID-19 – 80% of work will be via tele-health with 20% in office (subject to change)
Note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to meet the entrance requirements stated above. Upon accepting the practicum, the applicant will sign below to indicate that he/she has read, understands, and possesses the qualifications required. He/she understands that La Familia will conduct a background investigation through the Department of Justice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,000.00 – $50,000.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Community Health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mental health counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19