Outpatient TherapistApril 26, 2022
Mental Health TherapistApril 27, 2022
San Fernando Valley Community Mental Health Center
Provide direct and indirect services involving clinical and field-based case management services, including plan development, placement services, assistance in daily living, individual and/or group counseling, crisis intervention, and community outreach and education as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct and indirect client services.
- Participate in a team approach and provide outreach, assessment and evaluation of assigned older adult clients. Determine individual’s strengths, needs and resources. Assess client’s level of psychosocial impairment, self-care potential, family and support network availability, independent living needs, financial status, educational, employment or training needs, and social/recreational needs. Develop and coordinate service plans.
- Assist clients in developing independent living skills, and resources including peer or caregiver support, social/recreational, volunteer or educational goals, needed to implement and achieve goals of the individual service plan.
- Transports clients to and from appropriate service as necessary.
- Provide crisis intervention—intervene with the client/others at the onset of a crisis to provide support and assistance in problem resolution and to coordinate or arrange for the provision of other needed services.
- Provide 50% of services in the field in support of client’s individual service plans. Meet with each client as frequently as needed.
- Complete all documentation within mandated time frames and in compliance with county, state, and Center guidelines.
- Assist clients in accessing peer support, self-help and recovery based services.
- Will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team; participate in staff and clinical meetings and community meetings as assigned.
- Provide consultation and assessments to community services.
- Will perform other duties as necessary.
- MSW from an accredited school of social work AND a current ACSW Registration number through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences; OR
- MA in psychology or related behavioral science field from accredited university AND a current MFT Intern Registration number through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences; OR
- PhD from an accredited university AND current registration with the California Board of Psychology and waiver obtained through the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health.
- Must maintain current status as a licensed professional under California law.
- Must have a valid California Driver License in good standing and be insurable by the Center’s auto insurance carrier.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in behavioral health care. Experience with adults and/or older adults with mental illness.
- Must act in accordance with all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and related state law confidentiality requirements. Must successfully complete the Center’s HIPAA training, pass the HIPAA test, and receive the Certification of Compliance.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Interacting with other employees at work is an essential function of the job.
- Arriving at work on time and not leaving early is an essential function of the job.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation to conduct field visits.
- Bi-lingual/ Bi-cultural in Spanish a plus.