Schedule: Monday – Friday (8:00am – 4:30pm) may include weekends and some evening hours
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement plan
As part of an interdisciplinary team, the Clinician will conduct psychotherapy with adult members that have severe and persistent mental illness residing at the Willow Tree Inn. The Clinician’s primary responsibilities are to engage members and to coordinate mental and recovery services that will ensure housing stability and community integration. This position is responsible for maintaining the highest quality provision of direct individual and group therapeutic and case management services while fostering teamwork among staff and across departments and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide, coordinate and implement mental health and recovery support services with individual members.
- Conduct individual, family, and group psychotherapy, and document services using appropriate system identified
- Develop effective, trusting relationships with members, with a focus on facilitating independence and maintenance of improved physical and mental health.
- Collaborate with each member to develop their individual treatment plan, review and update it upon completion of goals.
- Assist management and other Clinicians with program evaluation for future program improvements and growth.
- Assist members with becoming involved in daily activities, socialization, health maintenance, sense of community, and progress in recovery reflecting of The People Concern’s model which emphasizes customer choice, harm reduction, and psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Work cooperatively and cohesively with other members of the Willow Tree Inn team, including participation in weekly staff meetings, group clinical supervision and trainings.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- MSW, MFT, or PCC registration with the Board of Behavioral Sciences; registration in good standing.
- Experience working with those living with mental illness and/or substance addictions
- Outstanding clinical and strong team-building skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and database applications.
- Detail oriented with excellent time management, organizational, written, verbal, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Able to learn quickly and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and with minimal supervision.
- Valid CA Driver’s license, reliable car, auto insurance, and an acceptable driving record
- Able to transport members in your vehicle.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred (for 2 of 4 positions)
- Combination of either field and/or office environment depending on position
- On occasion walk or drive to different agency sites
- May/Will necessitate working in busy and loud environments depending on position
- May/Will be exposed to elements like cold, heat, dust, noise and odor depending on position
- May need to bend, stoop, twist and sit throughout the day
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend; occasionally lift or carry up to 35 lbs.
Responsibilities Common To All Agency Employees
- Maintain a safe work environment and confidentiality at all times
- Be proactive, creative, and flexible in determining, evaluating, researching, and resolving issues
- Organize and prioritize multiple activities to meet all external and internal deadlines
- Maintain professional demeanor that reflects positively on the agency
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy toward others
- Able to thrive in a work environment emphasizing teamwork and collaboration
- Respond in a timely manner in all aspects of communication
- Work with minimum supervision
- Perform other duties as assigned
The People Concern is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. We select the most qualified individual for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, credit history, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or other applicable laws.