Hours: Mon-Thurs 10-7, flex Fri 10-6
Responsible for providing comprehensive mental health services to ensure quality client care. Ensure documentation adheres to DMH standards. Participate in an interdisciplinary team to provide a healthy, therapeutic, and safe environment for clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide individual, family, play, and group therapy for designated caseload of clients.
- Utilize DSM for diagnosing. Conduct psycho-social assessments and treatment planning.
- Document client services in accordance with Department of Mental Health standards and Department of Children and Family Services.
- Conduct visits to homes, schools and or other service providers in order to help client achieve their service plan goals.
- Manage community and family crises involving children and parents.
- Provide 24-hour availability and crisis intervention on an as needed, or regularly scheduled basis which may include weekends and evenings.
- Collaborate with treatment team to ensure quality client care.
- Evaluate parent/child/family progress and participate in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Coordinate linkage to appropriate intra-agency and community resources, including coordination of client’s psychiatric needs.
- Maintain fidelity to evidenced-based practices, as required.
- Assist other program areas with coverage/ratio requirements as needed.
- Maintain weekly service provision requirements.
- Interface with Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Mental Health, court systems, schools, law enforcement, health care providers and other community liaisons.
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling is required.
2. Registered or the ability to be registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences is required.
3. Experience in In-Home Services or work with adolescents preferred.
- Strong clinical skills in individual, family and group therapy.
- Requires possession of reliable automobile and a valid California Driver’s License as well as a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
- Must maintain and provide proof of automotive liability insurance coverage.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish
- St. Anne’s values the dignity and worth of every person we serve. Employees are expected to support children’s emotional and social development by encouraging understanding of others and promoting positive self-concepts. All employees must have the ability to treat those served by our agency in a caring and respectful manner, mindful of individual differences and cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity.
- As providers of social services, St. Anne’s employees work with clients dealing with complex emotional and mental health issues, many of whom are facing significant personal crises on a daily basis. Employees must remain aware of any personal emotions, transference, and/or countertransference that may hinder the ability to remain professional. As such, employees are expected to maintain composure during all interactions and crisis situations, implement a self-care plan, and utilize crisis communication to deescalate client crisis and prevent any serious bodily injury or harm.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,241.00 – $58,242.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
All client visits and meetings are on zoom. At this time this is a virtual position.
- working with at risk families: 1 year (Required)
- DMH: 1 year (Preferred)
- driver’s license (Required)
- BBS registration or qualified to register (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place