Associate Position in Private PracticeJuly 27, 2022
Associate Marriage and Family TherapistJuly 27, 2022
Renewal Health Group
Substance Abuse Treatment Center is currently looking for Associate Therapists for its Treatment Center in Encino!
The Associate Therapist supports and promotes the mission of Renewal Health Group, and provides treatment and case management to clients and their families. The Therapist carries caseloads of which will include individual therapy, conjoint, family and group therapy, art therapy, sexual abuse treatment, abuse treatment, crisis intervention, and after care.
- Full Time
- Mon – Fri. 10 – 4
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for individual, group and family counseling sessions.
- Conducts client psychosocial assessment, develops and monitors the implementation of individualized treatment plans, carries out client intake process, and is available to solve any pertinent issues.
- Collaborates with treatment team comprised of clinical staff, including the clinical director, program director and counselors.
- Identify patients’ negative behaviors by asking personal questions and monitoring their actions.
- Responsible for assisting residents to live more effectively with their addictions by identifying harmful behaviors and overcoming urges.
- Demonstrate an understanding of patient care through charting and documenting resident progress and provide service referrals when needed.
- Review patient analysis, random drug tests, and facilitate therapy sessions.
- Maintain professional relationships with the staff, clients, families and visitors
- Perform any other duties as needed.
- Master’s degree from accredited social work, marriage and family therapy or psychology program.
- Registration with State of California Board of Behavioral Health as an active intern or licensed therapist with number.
- Experience working with mental health in a mental health treatment center preferred
- Able to maintain a professional manner with staff, clients, and visitors.
- Able to work in a fast paced setting, under pressure, and maintain open, and proper communication.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of an organization.
- Ability to relate harmoniously with staff and clients of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds
- Experience in providing direct services to individuals, families and groups.
- Good Computer skills. Ability to navigate an Electronic Health Records System. Kipu experience a plus.
- Demonstrate professionalism, and strong boundaries with the clients.
- Hiring is contingent upon completion of a Background Check, TB test, and clearance on a drug screen and pre-employment physical. Current First Aid and CPR certification or willing to obtain upon hire.
- For the mental health and eating disorder programs additional requirements include receiving DOJ/FBI fingerprint clearance or an exemption and a submission of a signed Criminal Record Statement (LIC 508). Clean Background is required.
*Please note: Renewal Health Group is subject to the new state vaccine mandate for all healthcare workers. As of September 30th, all employees must be fully vaccinated, or if you qualify for an exemption you will need to test twice a we
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Approximately how many hours do you have towards your license?
- This position is located in Encino, please confirm you are able to commute.
- Which of the following populations do you have experience with: Substance Abuse, Mental Health, or Eating Disorders?
- How many years of Substance Use, Mental Health, or Eating Disorder Treatment Center experience do you have with the adult population?
- Do you specialize in any particular aspect of Therapy such as Trauma, EMDR, DBT, etc?
- How many years of Group Facilitation experience do you have?
- How many years of Case Management experience do you have?
- Are you willing to submit to a DOJ Fingerprint Background Check and Drug Screen?
- What is your email address?
- Would you like to be notified of future career opportunities?
- Therapist: 1 year (Preferred)
- AMFT, ASW, APCC (Preferred)
- # with the BBS? (Preferred)
Work Location: One location