Website Hygieia Behavioral Health Foundation
Our goal is to empower everyone, especially marginalized communities, to find strength, unity, and hope on the path to recovery..
Our work environment includes:
Position is hybrid: Remote and in Person
The Associate Therapist delivers both short and long-term therapy to clients at Hygieia Behavioral Health Foundation (hi-jee-uh). Clients may receive services in person or remotely through telehealth. The responsibilities of the Associate Therapist include conducting psychosocial assessments, offering weekly outpatient psychotherapy, providing crisis intervention when necessary, and facilitating connections to community and social services. The ideal candidate would be warm and open, culturally competent, diversity & LGBTQ affirmative, and can work with individuals, families, and a wide variety of ages.
Additionally, we value a client-centered, trauma-informed, CBT, Solution-Focused, and holistic/integrative approach to therapy.
This is a great job for someone looking for guidance to gain the necessary skills and experience to become a licensed therapist.
Hygieia Behavioral Health Foundation is a community-focused 501 (C)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to addressing the mental health needs of BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and other marginalized communities by providing qualified resources and treatment. Our goal is to promote overall mental health for all by working proactively to remove the barriers to effective therapy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Clinical Assessment: Conducting thorough assessments of individuals, couples, and families to understand their mental health needs and challenges.
· Therapeutic Interventions: Work closely with the Clinical Supervisor in the implementation of providing individual, couples, and family therapy services to clients using evidence-based therapeutic approaches.
· Treatment Planning: Developing and implementing comprehensive treatment plans tailored to the unique needs of clients.
· Documentation: Maintaining accurate and up-to-date client records, including progress notes, treatment plans, and other relevant documentation per ethical and legal standards.
· Collaboration: Collaborating with other mental health professionals, healthcare providers, and community resources to ensure holistic and integrated care for clients.
· Supervision: Participating in weekly supervision sessions with the LMFT supervisor to review cases, receive guidance, and enhance clinical skills.
· Ethical Standards: Adhering to ethical and legal standards in the provision of mental health services, including maintaining confidentiality and informed consent.
· Professional Development: Engaging in ongoing professional development activities to stay informed about current therapeutic techniques, research, and ethical guidelines.
· Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or a related field from an accredited program.
– ASW’s can apply but must be aware of the rules for LMFT supervision and the maximum hours allowed by the board.
· Registration as an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist or Associate Social Worker with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
· 1-2 years clinical experience working with at least one of these populations: Adults, children, adolescents, parents, and families.
· Proficient computer skills: ability to learn/work with an electronic health record.
· Must be able to pass a background check
· Other responsibilities as assigned by direct supervisor.
20 – 25 hours per week / flexible
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you meet the qualifications listed above and are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $35.00 – $40.00 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 20 per week
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Lakewood, CA 90712
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.