Website Sacramento Children's Home
The Cottage Facilitator acts as the liaison between the child and all other parties significant in his/her life such as the County Worker, attorney, Therapist, Mental Health Specialist, school, family, CASA, friends, and all Residential staff members. The Cottage Facilitator will work with the child in a Trauma Informed manner to help the child and staff members understand the child’s triggers and needs. The end goal is to help the child with emotional regulation and behavioral safety so he/she can return to a family setting.
Founded in 1867, the Sacramento Children’s Home is the oldest active charity in Sacramento, & among the most highly respected. Serving over 7,000 children & over 4,000 families every year, with eight programs across six locations, we offer excellent career advancement opportunities while making a positive impact in your community.
TO APPLY: External candidates must complete our on-line employment application available at www.kidshome.org/careers
• Ensures that the team delivers appropriate services that are compliant with SCH standards of care and established resident’s goals.
• Represents the current treatment and behavioral intervention plan and its intent at provider meetings including Care Review, Child and Family Team (CFT), Individual Education Plan (IEP), Student Study Team (SST) and any other identified needs.
• Acts as primary point of contact for all residential-based services communication with the county placement workers.
• Ensures the cottage integration of skill-based and behavior-based programs for the residents (i.e. Trauma Informed Care and Love and Logic, etc.) and serves as a leader for cottage staff by role modeling these skills.
• Assists in training cottage staff to address the individual needs of their residents, in conjunction with the Cottage Supervisor, Lead Residential Counselor and Mental Health Specialist.
• Coordinates with child’s school and SCH Educational Program Manager to advocate for residents’ educational rights and assure that residents are in school and appropriately placed.
Master’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work, Counseling or Psychology is required; preferred to be licensed (or registered) with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences as a LCSW (ACSW), LMFT (MFTI) or LPPC (PCCI).
Experience working in a residential setting is desired. Prior experience with children, adolescents and families with emotional problems is preferred.
Driving is an essential function of this job, and as such, employees in this position will be required to furnish their own vehicle to be used in the course of employment. A valid driver’s license and minimum insurance coverage is also required.
Must be at least 21 years old.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability plans, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid training and career advancement opportunities
To apply for this job please visit sacramento.craigslist.org.