Marriage Family Therapist Associate Position in private practiceAugust 27, 2022
Mental Health Therapist I-IIAugust 27, 2022
Unknown Company Name
New Adolescent Eating Disorder Treatment Center is currently looking for Licensed & Associate Therapists for our program in Los Angeles!
Eating Disorder Experience Preferred!
This position is Full time onsite and located in central L.A.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for individual, group and family counseling sessions.
- Conducts client psychosocial assessment, develops and monitors the implementation of individualized treatment plans, carries out client intake process, and is available to solve any pertinent issues.
- Collaborates with treatment team comprised of clinical staff, including the clinical director, program director and counselors.
- Identify patients’ negative behaviors by asking personal questions and monitoring their actions.
- Responsible for assisting residents to live more effectively with their addictions by identifying harmful behaviors and overcoming urges.
- Demonstrate an understanding of patient care through charting and documenting resident progress and provide service referrals when needed.
- Review patient analysis, random drug tests, and facilitate therapy sessions.
- Maintain professional relationships with the staff, clients, families and visitors
- Perform any other duties as needed.
- Master’s degree from accredited social work, marriage and family therapy or psychology program.
- Registration with State of California Board of Behavioral Health as an active intern or licensed therapist with number.
- Experience working with Eating Disorders preferred
- Able to maintain a professional manner with staff, clients, and visitors.
- Able to work in a fast paced setting, under pressure, and maintain open, and proper communication.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of an organization.
- Ability to relate harmoniously with staff and clients of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds
- Experience in providing direct services to individuals, families and groups.
- Good Computer skills. Ability to navigate an Electronic Health Records System. Kipu experience a plus.
- Demonstrate professionalism, and strong boundaries with the clients.
- Hiring is contingent upon completion of a Background Check, TB test, and clearance on a drug screen and pre-employment physical. Current First Aid and CPR certification or willing to obtain upon hire.
- For the mental health and eating disorder programs additional requirements include receiving DOJ/FBI fingerprint clearance or an exemption and a submission of a signed Criminal Record Statement (LIC 508). Clean Background is required.
- Subject to the new state vaccine mandate for all healthcare workers as of September 30th, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90019: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- What is your email address?
- Eating Disorder Treatment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Therapist: 2 years (Preferred)
- AMFT, ACSW, APCC, LMFT, LPCC, LCSW (Required)
- # with the BBS? (Preferred)
Work Location: One location