We are looking for a highly skilled therapist to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in various aspects of our addiction program including group therapy, family therapy and individual therapy.
Looking for AMFT, MFT and Trainees.Experience in the Substance Abuse/Mental Health field preferred.
Psychodynamic and/or Family system modality experience required. Must be able to manage case load of 10 to 12.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with trauma, addiction, eating disorder or mental health disorders
- Is skilled in EMDR, somatic work, brain-spotting and other therapeutic modalities, or is willing to seek training
- Has experience with insurance care coordination and utilization reviews
- Has experience with clinical intake processes
- Is creative, responsive, and passionate about their treatment approach with patients
- Interested in bringing creative ideas, passion, and expertise to further enrich and develop our dynamic program
- Has background and experience with psychodynamic, family systems, DBT, CBT, attachment-focused, and humanistic approaches
- Can cultivate a compassionate and empathic healing space for our clients
- Has ability to recognize countertransference issues and can actively seek supervision and peer support
- Certification Required – MFT or AMFT (Trainee – Education “4 Way Agreement” and RADT required)
- Current CPR/First Aid
- Health Screen &
- TB Clearance
- & ability to pass Live Scan fingerprinting (if applicable)
- Valid Driver License
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Clinical Director
- Conduct individual, group, and family therapy sessions for Residential clients
- Participate in case management and care coordination, including utilization reviews and treatment team meetings
- Maintain appropriate and timely contact with referring professionals
- Detailed and timely documentation, including: biopsychosocial assessment, weekly goal setting and treatment planning, session progress notes, discharge reporting/recommendations
- Participate in collaborative therapeutic, work environment
- Starting Salary Based on Experience
- Comprehensive medical benefits for Full-Time
Akua Behavioral Health is a nationally recognized Mental Health and Substance Abuse treatment program for adults. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Akua meets the highest quality standards for behavioral health and client care.