Website Code 3 Counseling
Position Overview: Clinical therapist will provide outpatient individual and/or group therapy to patients of Code 3 Counseling. Clinical therapy services include treatment of children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. We are currently looking for therapists or counselors who have insight and awareness into the unique culture of first responders and military, and are ready to be a part of a dynamic, fun, and collaborative team. If you want to be part of a work family, apply!
For consideration, please send a PDF of your Resume and Cover Letter to our assistant, Vanessa, at email@example.com.
About Code 3 Counseling: Here at Code 3 Counseling, we believe in creating the best atmosphere for our clients and employees and giving back to our community. Our mission is to help first responders and their families find more peace and fulfillment in the life of service. We also serve folks who are not part of the first responder community. We desire to help members of our communities reconnect with the things that are truly important and thrive, both in their own lives and in their relationships. Our vision is to eliminate mental health stigma by creating awareness of, appreciation for, and acceptance of mental health self-care. We are a fun, dynamic, and collaborative team who values working together and helping improve the health and wellness of our communities.
Our Values: Code 3 Counseling lives by values that guide who we are as a team and how we present to our communities. We hire staff who bring these values to life.
Creating strong relationships: Building strong, meaningful relationships is a basic need for all of us. We value building relationships within our community and helping our clients do the same. It’s also a hallmark of our business to promote strong, lasting bonds within our team and to work collaboratively both in the office and out in the community.
Serving the first responder and military community: Part of our mission is to contribute to promoting wellness within the community through community involvement, speaking engagements, and financial contributions. It is our goal to reach more people and provide psychoeducational services to first responders and their families through regular outreach in the community.
Invest in quality: We’re committed to providing the best atmosphere for our clients and our team. Our commitment is seen in our beautiful workspace for our employees, a comforting space for our clients, and in offering the extra touches like coffee + tea stations and a collaborative environment for our team. We promote continued education for our clinicians through trainings in evidence-based practices so clients can feel safe knowing their therapist is always growing in their skill.
Reports to: Alisha Sweyd, LMFT, Director and Co-Founder of Code 3 Counseling
· Perform clinical counseling services to patients of Code 3 Counseling, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies. We have openings for both remote and in-person clinicians.
· Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required.
· Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Code 3 Counseling.
· Respond to patients’ requests for service or calls within 48 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, etc. or through the Code 3 Counseling website. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such patients.
· Communicate with a patient’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
· Timely complete written records for each patient including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Code 3 Counseling or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the patient within a timely fashion (within 72 hours of the time of service provided). Keep patient files accurate and up to date.
· Charge and collect payments from patients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by Code 3 Counseling.
· Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by Code 3 Counseling.
· Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of Code 3 Counseling. Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
Passion for working with others (being collaborative) and helping our team members grow and learn.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Align with Code 3 Counseling mission, vision, and values.
· Must be punctual in reporting to work.
· Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling or social work; and either
o Active associate’s license (AMFT, ASW, APCC)
o Active, unrestricted license (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT or LPCC) in the State of California (must be fully licensed).
o A copy of your license must be provided to Code 3 Counseling.
· Available to hold at least 10-15 patient sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Code 3 Counseling.
· Maintain good standing with the appropriate California licensing board.
· Maintain proper liability insurance throughout employment.
· Be organized and detail oriented.
· Be a team player.
· Be able to work independently on tasks assigned.
· Have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
· Prior experience in a private practice setting highly preferred.
· Associate’s will be provided with weekly supervision that meets California state requirements.
· At least two years’ experience working with patients who have experienced trauma.
· Have at least one niche market for counseling services (i.e., children, teens, trauma, anxiety, grief, anger management, etc.).
· Interest in doing more than just clinical counseling work (including but not limited to participating on our podcast, contribute to our wellness newsletter, participate in outreach activities, etc.).
This position is NOT right for you if you’re:
· Someone just looking for a job to clock in and out of.
· Someone who doesn’t feel passion for our mission, vision and values.
· Someone who’s not a team player or prefers not to work collaboratively.
· Someone who wants to own their own business in the near future. If that’s you, awesome! But we’re not the place for you. We dedicate a lot of time to our teams, and provide the flexibility, autonomy and space to allow each member of our team to get creative in their role. The ideal person is invested in time and energy in Code 3 Counseling.
· Someone who doesn’t like to hop in and help others with projects – we highly value teamwork.
This position is perfect for you if you’re:
· Aligned with Code 3 Counseling mission, vision, and values.
· Energized by helping others in a team and contributing to the growth of Code 3 Counseling.
· Supportive of first responder and military families.
· Creative, engaged in doing good work, and excited by furthering our mission to help first responders and their families find peace and thrive in this life of service.
· Able to take direct and constructive feedback and run with it.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org