Behavioral Health Counselor
March 26, 2021
Clinician I SBS (LAUSD)
March 28, 2021
Show all

Clinical Social Worker

Website Aldea Children & Family Services

Non-Profit Organization

Join our amazing and supportive Foster Care & Adoptions team in Fairfield and make a difference in the community! The Clinical Social Worker provides behaviorally focused services.

By joining our team of professionals, you will gain the following:
• Enriching training opportunities including CEU credits.
• Provide service to a variety of client populations.
• Individual and group supervision intern hours toward licensure.
• Flexible work schedule which may include 4 days, 10 hour shifts.
• Experience in a state of the art Council on Accreditation (COA) agency to ensure best practices and high quality services.
• Opportunity to enhance professional development, including potential participation in leadership development program.
• Be part of a team of passionate, collaborative, and dedicated professionals where staff input is highly valued.

Aldea Children and Family Services is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of all of our staff and their families:
– Benefit plans available include: Medical w/ employer funded HRA deductible. Full coverage and employer paid premiums for Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Disability and EAP plans. Voluntary FSA and Supplemental Plans available.
– Generous Retirement employer match contribution up to 5% after 6 months of service including free Financial Planning.
– 13 Holidays plus 1 Floating Holiday
– Vacation: accrue up to 30 days
– Sick: accrue up to 10 days
– Bilingual Stipend
– Company Cell Phone
– Mileage Reimbursement
– Free Office Parking
– Telecommute

Essential Duties:
1. Provides in-home, in-school, in-community behavioral management training and interventions to emotionally disturbed children in foster care.
2. Contact, at a minimum one time bi-weekly in the home, with foster children and resource families. Weekly visits should be completed during times of crisis or elevated need.
3. Document and communicate case needs to the assigned County Social Worker and participate/facilitate treatment meetings, as needed.
4. Assist in the placement of foster children.
5. Provide individual, group, and family counseling, as needed.
6. Complete mandatory documentation and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Supervise resource families and resource homes to monitor compliance with state regulations and accreditation standards.
8. Maintain foster child files, including the needs and services plan and other required paperwork according to state regulations and accreditation standards.
9. Participate in the recruitment, evaluation, orientation, certification, recertification and training of resource homes.
10. Provide Crisis Intervention services to foster children, biological families, and resource families, as needed.

1. Knowledge of foster care and child welfare system.
2. A candidate may have a Master’s degree from an accredited or state approved graduate school in social work or social welfare, marriage, family and child counseling, child psychology, child development, counseling psychology or social psychology. MSW preferred.
3. At least three semester units or 100 days of field practice or experience in a public or private social service agency setting at the Master’s Degree level.
4. At least nine semester units of coursework related to children and families or eighteen months experience working with children and families.
5. At least three semester units in working with minority populations; six months of experience in working with minority populations; or six months in-service training in working with minority populations, within the first year of employment, as a condition of employment.
6. At least three semester units in child welfare, or two years experience in a public or private child welfare social service setting preferred.
7. A current California license to practice psychotherapy (LCSW, MFT, or PhD) or registration as a pre-licensed intern or currently attending a fully accredited counseling, psychology or social work Masters program.

To apply for this job please visit